Saturday, November 30, 2013

I <3 Grainline's Moss Skirt

Seriously, I love it!  I have been reading about the moss skirt and archer shirts all over the blog-o-sphere.  I finally dove in and purchased both patterns.  I put the pattern together, cut a muslin, and sewed away.  

A few things I love:  the style, the instructions, and the fact that you can make this skirt with about a yard of fabric!  A lot of reviews mentioned confusion @ the fly front insertion, but IMHO, I thought the method was easy to follow and resulted in the best fly front I've ever done.

What I didn't love:  I cut a 6.  It was HUGE!  Not to mention, like others have pointed out, the waistband is drafted about 4 inches short.  Boo.  So, I added a bit to the waist band...and wore my skirt to Thanksgiving dinner.  I ended up pinning the waistband to keep it from falling off.  It's destined for someone else.

For skirt #2 - yes, I've made 2 skirts in three days - I used a piece of leftover denim and cut a size 2 - I kept the size 6 waistband.  A little snug in the hips this time, but a keeper!  I top stitched...

Look @ my badass skills - done without a twin needle, thank you very much.

And, here it is...my micro mini moss.  I will definately make it again.  Now. On to my archer top!

No comments:

Post a Comment