I started this dress last weekend and finished it yesterday. It was a quick make out of a lovely fabric I have been saving for some time. The fabric is 100% cotton and I thought it would wrinkle a lot, but as you can see in the photos, it held up nicely to a day of wear.
So, let's talk the dress, shall we? The pattern is New Look 0112. I love the raglan sleeves! I originally bought the pattern for the jacket (that's one of my next projects). I cut a straight size 10 - and there is plenty of wearing ease. The only modifications I made were to take in the bust darts, take in fabric on the front sleeves to get the dart placement right, and take in some at the top of the sleeves because the back was gaping A LOT. All of these adjustments I just did by pinching fabric here and there. It's an easy style to modify this way.
A modification photo where I took out some fabric in the sleeve cap:
I didn't really follow the directions - it's straightforward to sew. The only difference I made was to blind hem the front and back facing to the dress vs. stitching around the neck. I think it looks better that way.
I am really happy with the final product and fit. The opposite of an epic fail, IMHO. Though, I must work on my picture taking...I'm not exactly known for my photogenic qualities.