Saturday, July 27, 2013

Starting...

So, I decided that I wanted to start a blog.  I've been playing with the idea for some time, and I finally got around to figuring all this Blogger stuff out.  It probably makes sense for me to tell you a little about myself...
  • I'm a mom to two beautiful girls and one very cute, but rotten dog
  • Married and have a wonderful husband
  • Work full time
  • Runner (dabbling in triathlons)
  • Type A
  • Can't tell a joke or a story to save my life
My mother is a professional seamstress and is the most amazing home sewist.  She can make anything.  I used to sit with her when I was a little girl and make shorts and simple elastic waist band skirts.  I remember being so proud of myself for creating something from nothing.  I never had the patience though - so I stopped sewing for a long time.

For the last several years, I have been learning to sew again. I wanted to experience the creative process again and this seemed like a good idea.  I realized very quickly that I needed to learn a lot.  The first few garments I made were a complete train wreck!  Needless to say, I wanted to expand my skills so I could make the beautiful garments that are in my mind.  So, this is my journey/challenge:  In an effort to improve my sewing skills, I will not purchase any clothing items for one year.  This blog will chronicle my progress and learning - wadders and all.


No comments:

Post a Comment